A video in which I read you a letter I found when I dropped a second hand book that I have had for about a month sitting on a shelf, today I moved the shelf, and this fluttered out. I cried the first time reading it, since it has to be one of the loveliest things I have every read.
an exercise in writing lists
- I haven’t had cake in 6 months.
- Two of my best friends are farther awe from me than ever before and it’s hard for me to know exactly how to communicate how much I miss them.
- In an attempt to grow my fingernails, I have shaped them and I keep forgetting and scratching myself.
- When I was 19 I got stepped on and lost my big toenail. It took a while to grow back. (it’s fine now)
- I am extremely competitive.
- On the bus, I make a conscious effort not to make eye contact with anyone.
- I found a typed, on a typewriter, love letter addressed to no one from a woman named Sharon, likely to the love of her life, in a second hand copy of The Silmarillion that a handsome boy bought me a month ago.
- My lucky number is 5, and my basketball number was 32 because 3+2=5
- I miss playing basketball, but honestly I don’t miss playing a team sport with women.
- Today I moved out of my studio apartment and into the loft area of my building where my grandfather’s antiques are stored in a museum/bachelor dream pad/narnia like manor. The leak that surfaced back in October is going to be replaced. I now have a murphy bed.