He appreciated those who had a taste for indolence, liked daydreaming, welcomed the emotions sparked by listening to Mozart’s operas and could be thrown into hours of bittersweet thoughts after just one glimpse of a beautiful face in a crowded street.
Gryphon S/S 2013
Will you still love me when I am no longer young and beautiful
Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul
Dear Lord, when I get to heaven, let me bring my man.
When he comes tell me you’ll let him in.
Father tell me if you can
All that grace, all that body
All that face, makes me wanna party
He’s my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds.
Yes, that is my last name.
I studied English Literature in my undergrad studies, and enjoyed immensely books like:
- The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
- Howl By Allen Gingsberg
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
- Bossy Pants by Tina Fey
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- The Lover’s Dictionary: A Novel by David Levithan
- Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
- Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
and other assorted short stories.
I like to read quotes especially, and to go into a sentence and deconstruct what it means to the novel as a whole. It’s something I miss immensely since graduating. No longer do I have 20 other people to bounce my ideas off of in a discussion based way.
I think writing should be very very true, very very fantastic, or so on edge that you don’t really know what to think. But, that’s just me.
Capricorn, I was born on December 22nd.